The department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy of BLDE University and its constituent college Shri B M Patil Medical College and Research Center, Vijaypur, Karnataka, India was established in the year 1986. The department was permitted to run Postgraduate (Degree) course in the year 2005 and got recognition in 2008. Total number of teaching faculty is 6, of which 2 are Professors and recognized PG teachers, 2 are Assistant professors, 1 Senior registrar and 1 Senior resident. Total number of non teaching staff is 5. The intake of MBBS seats is 150 and for postgraduate courses, 3 MD seats.
Presently the responsibility of heading the department is being ably carried out by Dr. Arun C. Inamadar with the help of dedicated & cordial staff. As a result the department is active in research activities and publications, and has more than 140 publications in national & international journals to its credit. Totally 6 research projects are under various stages of completion. The department encourages the undergraduates to undertake ICMR -STS Projects as well.
- We aspire to be nationally recognized leaders in Dermatology and Cutaneous Sciences to the benefit of individuals and communities in Bijapur and beyond.
- To establish and grow as a ‘Center of Excellence in Dermatology’ in this part of Karnataka by 2020
- Our Department’s mission is sustained leadership in patient care, in clinical research, and in training the next generation of exceptional clinicians and researchers of our specialty in an environment that fosters creativity, diversity, inclusiveness, and synergy.
- Our faculty is committed to the highest level of clinical research in dermatologic science while adhering to the highest ethical standard. In particular, we are focused on ‘Pediatric Dermatology’ and ‘Critical Care in Dermatology’; bringing scientific results from the bench to the bedside.
- We are committed to provide comprehensive and unparallel dermatologic care.
- Be responsive to the community needs of Vijaypur and surrounding places.
- Promote and create meaningful opportunities in education and research for faculty members at all levels to facilitate professional and personal fulfillment.
- Promote excellence and national recognition in patient care, education, and research.
- Promote and communicate research activities within and beyond the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science.
- Capitalize on new learning / teaching technologies.